The program empowers the young women to select an academic institution of her choice and fulfill her dream of making an impactful career while getting trained in science streams.
L’Oréal strongly believes that science is the source of progress and the contribution of women is vital to its future. This prompted L’Oréal India to initiate a scholarship program “For Young Women in Science” (FYWIS), a country-wide initiative which encourages and supports young women to pursue their graduate studies in science.
This program instituted in 2003 has provided economic empowerment to more than 300 young women from economically disadvantaged backgrounds. The program empowers the young women to select an academic institution of her choice and fulfill her dream of making an impactful career while getting trained in science streams.
Benefits for Young Women in Science Scholarship programme
This scholarship, instituted by L’Oréal offers a merit-cum-means scholarship grant of up to Rs. 2,50,000 to women students pursuing graduation in a science-based stream. The scholarship is released in equal annual installments as these young women traverse through their graduation.
Eligibility criteria for Young Women in Science Scholarship programme
- Open to women applicants not more than 19 years of age at the time of application
- Must have appeared & passed class 12 in the academic year 2018-19 and in science stream with minimum 85% marks in PCM/PCB/PCMB.
- For applicants desiring to pursue a graduate degree course in Science/Medical/ Engineering/ Biotechnology or any other scientific field from a recognized college in India, starting from academic session 2019-20.
- The candidates’ annual family income must not be more than INR 4,00,000
Important dates for Young Women in Science Scholarship program 2019
- June 5, 2019 – Application Opens
- July 1, 2019 – Last date to apply for L’Oréal’s For Young Women in Science Scholarship program
- August 2019 (second fortnight) – Face-to-face interviews for short-listed candidates scheduled in five cities namely Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Kolkata.
- September 5, 2019 – Recipients of “For Young Women in Science” Scholarship shall be announced
Application and Selection Process for Young Women in Science Scholarship program 2019
The selection process involves multiple stages. Applications will be analyzed on the basis of academic brilliance, aspirations towards pursuing graduation in science stream and financial need of the applicant.
I. APPLICATION ROUND
Aspiring women candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria may apply for this scholarship through both online and offline channels.
|Application process for applying online||Application process for applying offline|
|1. Visit the application link for the scholarship http://www.b4s.in/BWE/LIF9 |
2. Register with Gmail account, Facebook account or Email Address
3. Submit academic and personal details in the application form
4. Attach the necessary documents (related to academic, identification, financial)
5. Submit the application
|OR||1. Download and print the application form by visiting the link L’Oréal India For Young Women In Science Scholarship 2019 application form|
2. Fill the application form
3. Attach the necessary documents to the application form
4. Enclose the application form and documents in an envelope and post/courier to the address below:
The Scholarship Cell,
Stellar IT Park C-25, No.8,9 & 10
Tower-A, Ground floor, Sector 62,
Noida, Uttar Pradesh
Key Documents required when applying to “For Young Women in Science Scholarship” program
- An attested copy of age proof
- A self-attested copy of parents’ income (certificate issued by a government body, e.g., salary slip/income certificate) or Form 16
- A copy of class 10 mark sheet attested by the school
- A copy of class 12 mark sheet attested by the school
II. TELEPHONIC INTERVIEW ROUND
- Short-listed applicants book their slots for a telephonic round
- Applicants appear for a telephonic round as per slots conformed to them
III. FACE-TO-FACE INTERVIEW ROUND
- Short-listed applicants invited to attend interviews along with their parents
- An eminent jury comprising members of the scientific and academic communities along with L’Oréal India representatives will conduct the interview
- Interview locations being Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad & Kolkata. The applicant may choose the interview location based upon proximity
Result of L’Oréal India for Young Women in Science Scholarship
If you are an aspiring candidate wishing to apply for L’Oréal India for Young Women in Science Scholarship, go to this Scholarship Application Link.