There could be several reasons why people want to change the Apple ID associated with their iPhone or iPad. For example, when switching from a third-party email ID to an @icloud email account. Also, users can use two different Apple IDs for iTunes and iCloud at the same time if they want to keep two separate accounts for their apps and backup.
Wondering how? Here’s our how-to guide on how to change Apple ID on iPhone and iPad.
First things first:
- Users must be running the latest version of iOS on their device
- Login details of old and new Apple IDs
- Working internet connectivity
How to remove existing Apple ID from the device
- Head to the ‘Settings’ app on iPhone or iPad
- Scroll down and tp on the option iTunes & Apple Store
- Now, Tap on the Apple ID at the top of the screen
- Once done, tap the ‘Sign Out’ option from the pop-up menu.
How to add another Apple ID on an iOS device
- Open ‘Settings’ app on the iOS device
- Under the Settings app, tap on the option iTunes & App Store
- Tap on the Apple ID at the top
- Tap ‘Sign In’ option from the screen
- Then, it will ask users to enter their Apple ID and password
- Enter the Apple account credentials on the given screen and hit the Sign In button to log in.
In case, users don’t have a new Apple ID yet and still want to change the Apple ID on their device. Pressing on Sign In button will prompt users to create a new Apple account. Tapping on the option will redirect users to the account creation page. Users need to fill in all the details to create a new Apple account.